Tuesday, January 17, 2023

New Year's Church Dance

With the New Year coming in, our church put on a big youth New Year's Dance.  This year Bladen turns 14 so he is now allowed to attend church dances.  Wahoo.  I was so excited to help him get all dressed up for his first dance.
(I think I was a lot more excited than he was.)


He said he was really nervous, but I taught him how to ask a girl to dance & how to dance so that he wouldn't be too anxious about it.  We also talked about how to start conversations.  Plus he had his awesome 2 big sisters there to help him out.  (They had some of their friends ask him to dance too.). He danced 5 times & actually really enjoyed himself.  I'm grateful for fun activities like these for my teens to help them navigate friendships in the real world.  These are SO important & they're a BLAST.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment