Thursday, January 11, 2018

Talon The Pilot - Our Hollywood Helicopter Tour

Trek's youngest brother is a pilot.  He can fly both helicopters & airplanes which is pretty awesome isn't it?  He is an airplane instructor & a Hollywood helicopter tour pilot at Van Nuy's airport.  He was able to take his wife (who has never flown in a helicopter with him as a the pilot before), Trek & I with him on one of his tours the Friday before Christmas.  It was AMAZING.  Seriously, it was one of the coolest things I've ever done before.  It's a total bucket list item.


Isn't he just the coolest pilot you've ever seen?



I love that Trek is SO close to his family.  I hope my kids grow up as close as his family has.  They all love each other so much.


Talon is so fun.  I remember when Trek was at basic training & I was living with his family, Talon was a senior in High School.  I still remember helping him study for tests.  He was just a little boy back then.  It's crazy how fast time flies.



Talk about a fun "date" for Trek & I.  We had a blast.



I have to admit, I felt pretty cool wearing the headset.






Carolyn sat up front with Talon & Trek & I sat in the back.  I loved that Talon told us all about the instruments on the panel before we took off.  It made flying a lot of fun to know what gauges did what during flight.




There was SO much to see.  First we flew over the 405 freeway where the big fires just hit recently.  It was actually pretty sad to see how much damage was done in the Bel Air hills.



The Getty Museum is one of my favorite museums in LA.  I've been there a few times & love it every time I go.  I couldn't believe how close the fires got to it.  Luckily it was unharmed.  Boy was it beautiful from the air.






We flew over several famous people's homes, Los Angeles landmarks, & the city.  
This is a picture of the playboy mansion (not the coolest thing in the world, but it was cool to see how big it was.

Aaron Spelling's house is massive.  It was way bigger than any other house we saw.


Even just the hills & buildings were beautiful.  Being in the sky gives you such a different vantage point.  It was amazing.






Johnny's Depp's house was pretty cool too.  I didn't realize how close it was to the actual main Hollywood road.  Can you see it?  It's the green castle-like house hidden in that huge group of trees in the center of the picture.  Mysterious & hidden . . . very Johnny Depp.



The city was pretty amazing in a helicopter.  We were not flying super high so we were pretty much level with some of the skyscrapers downtown.  It was really cool.





Griffith Park Observatory is another one of my favorite sites to visit in LA.  It's gorgeous from above.



And of course, Talon took us really close to the Hollywood sign.



How cool is that?!?!?


Flying back to Van Nuys Airport, he flew us over Universal Studios.  It was kind of interesting seeing the backside of Hogwarts & Hogsmeade.




We had so much fun.  What a great experience.  If you ever get a chance to tour LA in a helicopter, do it.  You won't regret it.  It's beautiful.  If you're ever in the area, I know a great pilot to fly you.
;-) 







Thank you Talon for such an amazing, memorable experience.  We will never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment