Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy 31st Birthday to ME.

Another year has come & gone.  I still can't believe I'm over 25, let alone 
31 YEARS OLD.
Boy, that sounds old.  I still feel like a kid.  But it is what it is.  It was kind of hard being away from my sweetheart & all alone in a big house on my birthday.  My kids made it SO special though.  They woke me up in bed with a birthday breakfast they put together themselves:


a plate FULL of Ding-Dongs, 1 piece of toast with apricot jam, a 3 day old muffin that was so hard I couldn't bite it, & 1/4 a chocolate chip cookie [they had to make sure it tasted good enough for me].  Oh, & don't forget the Iron Man cup full of Chocolate Milk.  It made me smile.


Craiger celebrated my special day by finding my hidden stash of 100 glow sticks I had bought to surprise the kids & breaking them all open.  Little imp. 



Trek totally surprised me.  A girl came over at 12:30 to babysit for me.  TOTAL SURPRISE.  Trek went through a babysitting service & hired a babysitter to watch our kids for 4 hours.  Then he sent me to a Spa there in Spanish Fork for 4 hours to get a massage, facial, manicure, & pedicure.  Can I say WOW?  He arranged ALL THIS from 1000 miles away.  Yup, he's a keeper.

After my afternoon of pampering, I drove through the drive-thru at the Pizza Factory to get me a bread twist with alfredo dipping sauce.  Healthy, I know. 

Then Justin, Cari, Korbyn, & Brinley came over & we got Cold Stone ice cream for dessert.

After everybody left & the kids were sound asleep in bed, I sat down & opened all my presents from my friend Nancy.  Nancy always spoils me rotten for my birthday & for Christmas.  She is hilarious because every birthday has a theme & it's my job to figure out what my theme was for the year.  This year was EASY.

RED.


My favorite gift from Nancy this year was a Betsy Johnson necklace with cherries on it.  I thought it was playful & fun, but elegant all at the same time.  I loved everything I got.  She is really too sweet to do this for me every year.  I just love her to death.


It was a great birthday even though I was miles away from my sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment