Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sorensen Cousin Reunion

I had a blast catching up with all my cousins on this trip.  Most of my dad's family still lives in the Spanish Fork area, so I made a point to go visit some of them while I was there.  My cousin Spencer, who I haven't seen since my wedding reception 11 years ago invited me over for Sunday dinner one night & we caught up on our life's happenings over the years.  They have 3 girls just about my kids' ages so we had a blast.  They had a trampoline so my boys were completely happy the entire time we were there.  It was a LOT of fun, Spencer.  Thank you for having us over.


Then, the day before we left to go back to CA, my cousin Hailey & I organized a Sorensen cousin reunion at my Aunt Linda's house.  I NEVER get to see the cousins I grew up with & now they all have families of their own.  I thought it would be a great idea to get them all together & chat.

My Aunt Linda has the best backyard in the world.  She has a trampoline, swings, slides, pool, chickens, a sandbox, & all sorts of room to run & play.  The kids had a BLAST.




Of course there was a HUGE water fight between all the kids.  I think that was my kids' favorite part about the entire day.




My Uncle Kent (one of my dad's younger brothers) came with his kids who are technically my cousins, but Kent has always been more of a cousin to me than an Uncle.  His kids are my kids' ages so it was nice seeing him again.  His boys are SUPER tall.  They're all growing up SO fast.


We had a great turnout too.  I got to see:
Aunt Linda, Aunt Debbie, Aunt Sharon, & Uncle Kent
Kent's 4 kids
Jodi & her 5 kids
Julie & her 4 kids
Minday & her 3 kids
Katie
Nick & his wife I've never met
Cari, Korbyn, & Brinley 
Hailey & her 1 1/2 kids
Whitney & her 2 kids
Jessica & her 2 kids

It was great getting them all together for a picture.  They were all good sports. . . even the teenagers who are way too cool for pictures.



I had to get a picture with Khristian.  He's 16 now & is about 6'3".  I can't believe how big he's gotten.  And he's SO handsome too.  What a cutie.


Jodi's little girl Lydia reminds me of Taya.  Taya looks exactly like she did when she was Taya's age.  They both look a LOT like my Grandma Ethel (my dad's mom).  It was fun seeing them side by side because they really do look & act alike.











We had a lot of fun.  Thanks to all who came!  We'll have to do these more often when I'm in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment