Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy 4th of July

We all know how much I love holidays.  It seems like we are bombarded with several holidays right in a row starting in October with Halloween, but once summer hits, the holidays don't come as often.  I always get excited for the 4th of July because it's a holiday with fun colors (red, white, & blue) & because it's the celebration of America.  My husband is a military man & we are a military family.  We are proud Americans & we are proud to defend this country to preserve it's freedoms.

Of course I had to buy 4th of July outfits for the kids.  I just LOVE red, white, & blue!








A wonderful family in my parent's ward invited us to their house on the 4th of July to have breakfast with them.  We went bright & early (6:30 am) to enjoy pancakes & orange juice together.




Then at 7:30, we met Justin, Cari, & Korbyn in Provo for the Freedom Festival parade.  I don't know what it is about parades, but I love them.  Justin was a good sport to go at 4:30 in the morning to save us a good seat.  We had a BLAST.



Craiger LOVED the firetrucks.  


My girls LOVED all the "princesses."  We got a picture with Miss Provo.  She was SO sweet to get down & talk to my girls about getting good grades in school & being a good person.


Then, after the parade, we went to Los Hermanos to celebrate my 31st birthday.  My birthday is on the 6th of July, but as far back as I can remember we always celebrated it on the 4th of July at Los Hermanos.  The food was great & the fried ice cream was to die for.  It was extra special because my dad took time away from the hospital to celebrate with us.  Spending time with him was the best birthday present I got.


No comments:

Post a Comment