Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Toothless



Tonight, Cadence FINALLY lost her first tooth. A few weeks ago, she was thrilled to find that her front bottom tooth (on the left) was wiggling when she touched it. Every single morning she would make me wiggle it to see how loose it was. (Ugh. . .it's like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. It totally grosses me out!) Well today she was wiggling it with her tongue. I knew it was only a matter of time before it fell out entirely. At dinner she was complaining that the pizza was hurting her tooth. She put her napkin on it & we both found that it was bleeding. I told her that since it was already bleeding & hanging by a limb that she should just tug on it with a napkin & see what happens. She started to cry hysterically because she was so scared of the pain, but I reassured her that it was already bleeding & that it wouldn't hurt at all & that she probably wouldn't even feel it. She reached in & in a matter of seconds she was holding her tooth. She went NUTS! You would have thought she won the lottery!! She called both her grandma's immediately to share her good news. She was SO proud to have a toothless smile like all her friends. Now I, on the other hand, am just trying to hold back the tears. My little baby is losing teeth! I still remember when she was GETTING teeth! They grow up way too fast! I just have to cherish every moment I have with them! Tonight she's already sound asleep in bed with her treasure under her pillow awaiting a visit from the infamous tooth fairy. She told me before bed that she hopes that the German tooth fairy comes instead of the American one so she can have German money. I laughed at that. I guess we'll have to see which one did come tomorrow morning. I'll keep you posted. . .



2 comments:

  1. My little angel! I can't believe how big you are getting! Congratulations. I hope the German Tooth Fairy brings you lots of GOLD! MiMi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute, now you look like Mamoo, no tooth in the front. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete