Friday, May 5, 2017

Easter Vacation Day 3 - Griffith Park

Wednesday we woke up early & drove the kids to Griffith Park.  I had no idea how big Griffith Park actually is.  It's HUGE.

We decided to take the kids to the train museum there.  We had so much fun.  There were large trains you could climb on/in, a train museum, 2 trains you could ride, shops,  just fun grassy fields to play in.  We packed lunches & spent the whole day there.



The girls wanted me to take fancy pictures of them on the train tracks.  ha ha ha.  I'm totally NOT a photographer, but they had fun posing.










The highlight of Canyon's day was the train rides.  They were short, but boy, he loved every second of them.











For lunch we ate our packed lunches, then Oma & Opa had fun little catching games to play.  Each grown up got partnered up with a kid & we had a big competition of catch.  The kids LOVED it.



The kids really enjoyed seeing all the trains up close & personal.















After a day at the train yard, we went home, had some dinner, & then headed over to the park by Opa & Oma's house to play with these really cool toys Opa & Oma got the kids.  They were like helicopters, but lit up & had slingshots attached to them.  You turn the lights on, then slingshot them up into the air & watched them glide back down.  They were amazing in the dark.  Everyone at the park kept coming over to ask what they were & where to buy them.

Amazon has them - just look up "Rocket Copters."







It was such a fun family day.

Thursday, I spent the entire day with my dear friend Nancy in Irvine.  Trek & the family took the kids to the movies & just hung out around the house until I got home.  Nancy & I spent the day shopping.  She actually bought me an entire summer wardrobe.  I swear she is the REAL fairy godmother.  She is just so sweet.

Coming home from her area was a nightmare though.  It made me remember why I didn't like living in Southern CA during rush hour.  It took me 4 1/2 hours to drive 40 miles home.  By the time I got home, I was spent & ready for bed.

But really truly, it was a fun day even with traffic.  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment