Wednesday, May 24, 2017

May Fun


May is almost done.  It's flown by SO fast.  And it's finally the end of the school year.  I'm excited for summer this year.  I will be VERY busy with girls camp & the pioneer trek, but I'm excited for my kids to have a break from the stress of school & to let them just be kids for a couple of months.  I forsee a LOT of outside playtime, family visits, camping, & night games.  It's going to be a great summer.

In wrapping up the school year, we had a few just random fun things in May that I took some pictures of.

The girls got some spring pictures taken.  I'm amazed at how grown up they are looking.  They are such beautiful girls.



Craiger & Canyon's favorite after school activity is climbing tree with their friends.  These kids are such climbers.


Bladen is LOVING his cub scout troop.  They meet every Thursday night & have SO MUCH FUN together.  Last week they had an epic nerf gun war with obstacles & everything.  He had a blast.  Tomorrow night, Trek is going to put them through a military boot camp.  We've got a wonderful cub scout pack here.



Mother's Day was lovely.  Trek & the kids got me a DNA Geneaology kit.  I already sent it in & in 8 weeks time I'll get a detailed report on what my DNA shows my actual ancestry being.  I'm DYING to know if there really is Native American DNA in me like I've been told my entire life, or if that's just a tall tale.  It will be really interesting.

The dear sweet lady that I visit teach also surprised me with a beautiful lei for Mother's Day.  She is from Tonga & I just adore her so much.  I always look forward to our visits each month.  She is going to teach me how to make lei's next week.  She is such a wonderful & talented woman.


Canyon is sweet & crazy as can be.  Last week he managed to give me a story to tell for years to come.  I was folding laundry he came into my room with tears in his eyes.  Something was wrong, but he refused to tell me what it was.  Droll was dripping out of the side of his mouth & he was frustrated.  He held up his finger which was covered in a tough white substance.  He kept pointing to his mouth & I realized he had eaten something, most likely poisonous.  (This kid seriously keeps me on my toes.)  I was panicking & trying to get him to tell me what he ate as I was trying to dial poison control.  He took me to his room where he held up an empty bottle of 

SUPER GLUE!!!!

(Mom of the year right here!!!)  How on earth did he get SUPER GLUE?  The kid had literally SUPER GLUED HIS MOUTH SHUT!!!!  I was asking him what he was thinking & he held up one of the girls' chapstick containers & sure enough, it was the same shape as the bottle of super glue.  He thought it was chapstick, the poor thing.  

LUCKILY, he didn't swallow any of it.  He just applied it to his lips & then got his lips stuck together.  I had to lay him down on my bed & with a butter knife, as gently as I could, saw his lips apart.  The poor kids' tongue was stuck to them as well.  

I seriously was a mess of emotions:
fear, sadness, anger, hilarity of the situation, & guilt.  

I sometimes feel like the worst mom in the world due to incidents like this.  I'm just SO grateful he was okay & didn't swallow any of it.  Now I just look back on it & laugh.  What in the world little boy?  I can't leave you for 5 minutes without SOMETHING happening.


Canyon & I also had an ice cream making adventure last week.  We're making homemade ice cream for the pioneer trek so I decided to try the recipe out to make sure it worked.  Not only did it work, but it was delicious.




Canyon thought so too.




Craiger lost 2 teeth in May . . . his first 2 teeth.  It's been very exciting.  He pulled both of them out all by himself.  He's a brave little boy.


The 2nd tooth went on an adventure though. . . thanks to Canyon.  I swear that kid is going to put me in the nut house.  But Craiger's note was the highlight of my week.  How adorable is that?


It's been a good month.  It's gone by quickly, but it's been a hoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment