Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stonehenge


We woke up bright & early & had a wonderful hot breakfast at our little hotel. I had ham, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, beans, fried tomatoes, & orange juice. All that was included with the hotel. It was DELICIOUS!

Then we took off for Stonehenge. We couldn't possibly come to England & NOT see one of the 7 wonders of the world. Stonehenge is only about an hour from Bath, so it was perfect! It was raining when we arrived. That was the first real rain we had experienced so far for the entire trip. I consider ourselves VERY lucky that we had so many days of sunshine. Taya was kind of mad at the rain so she hid under her umbrella most of the morning.



Stonehenge was amazing! It was actually a lot smaller than I thought I would be, but it was interesting to see. It was beautiful in it's own "ancient" way. I really truly wonder why it was built (& WHEN it was built). . . & WHO built it. Lots of questions! I'm so glad we had the opportunity to go though. It was great!





No comments:

Post a Comment