Friday, March 26, 2010

Wimbledon Part 2


So we woke up at 5:00 am (ON VACATION), packed up the hotel room, & left before 7. We drove 2 1/2 hours to the London Temple where we would be staying for 2 nights. We were staying in 2 rooms full of bunk beds. I love how Europe doesn't let anyone sleep together. It cracks me up. So in our room, we had 6 bunk beds & mom & dad have 4 in their room. Oh, & did I mention that there weren't any towels provided? You've got to love the temple hotels. They are the most basic places you'll ever stay, but they are dirt cheap!!! 10 Pounds per person is all, which is amazing!

We left the temple around 10ish, & drove back to Wimbledon for my daddy. He was SO heartbroken that he missed the one thing he wanted to see in London. . . we really needed to make some time for it. He was SO happy when we got there at 11:30. The first thing we did was visit the gift shop. He wanted to buy something to show off to all his tennis buddies. He found a beautiful green & purple (Wimbledon colors) tennis bag to keep his racket & balls in. He cried as they were ringing it up. I LOVE MY DADDY. I love how emotional he is about things. It made me start crying to see him SO happy.


We bought tickets to the tennis museum, but decided to eat lunch before we ventured on the tour. The kids were restless & hungry. There was a cafe right there (the one we sat in for 3 1/2 hours the first day while we waited for mom & dad) so we grabbed a bite to eat. We had yummy panini's, pizza, & soup. The kids were happy again.




In the cafe, there was a door that led to the center court where the tennis tournament is played. Dad was literally in HEAVEN while he was looking at the grass court. It was SO exciting for him. They were growing/warming the grass with heat lamps. I still can't believe you can play tennis on grass. You'd think you'd need a hard surface.



After visiting Center Court, we took a tour of the tennis museum. Dad enjoyed reading about everything & I enjoyed watching the kids push all the buttons. Everything was interactive, so it was kind of fun for everyone.


I'm so glad we took the time to take dad there. It totally made both his & my trip complete. I love you daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment